911

I have watched carefully over the lives of men,
Seen faithfully their consequential journey;
Storing away the memories of what could have been,
And calculated the risks helping them would incur me.

I have guarded over the lives of families,
In their bitter moments of confusion and pain.
My voice has prevailed in heartbroken seas,
And walked along with the druggies and the insane.

I have seen them hurt and hungry and high,
Dancing in streets, shaking on sidewalks, dying in vain.

How long, oh Jehovah, will your children suffer so?
How long will I share your vigil of this broken city?
I feel your absence from this worlds dimming glow,
And see clearly the error in trading now for eternity.

My hands are small and my heart is quickly tired, 
I can’t undue the bitterness of the spirit broken ones.
They are rejected, and dangerous; guns to be fired,
Cast out by selfish parents as doomed, hungry sons.

The sword on my shoulder is heavy, hard to bare,
My knighthood in this rare order of lost sheep.


Comments

Popular Posts