home













snowflake eyelashes become you, darling,
they decorate you with equally pure beauty.
For you are elegant, and you are clean,
enchanting girl, baby princess, winter queen.

And raindrops fall because you ask them to,
because the sound...your sound, begs to be heard.
It takes a thousand drops to get know you,
but I've never known you to waste a word.

And there is no great ceremony to my thrill,
no great rush of over powering emotion.
Merely the calming recognition, gentle still,
that every drop is forming our shared ocean.

Forever I have run, chased the extremes...desperately.
and for so long I have belonged no where.
But in the shadow of your love, your body,
my plans are fading, contenting me...
to stay right here.

Comments

  1. While I read through this poem I saw the rigidity, self- thoughts thawed by the love! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The admiration of someone dear can make one change course so as to be together. Quite a normal happening!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think staying put is something that love can do... like a web or a spell, or maybe like the deer caught in the headlight..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sylvanly Tripartite , cheers Michael

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, sensual, kind of sexy...great work. LOVED it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful, sensual, kind of sexy...great work. LOVED it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooo-la-la!
    "and for so long I have belonged no where.
    But in the shadow of your love, your body . . "

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts