Abusive Love





















Desire can be an awful thing, a burning thing,
creating dissatisfaction in the tamest of places.
You've gotten a taste for an iron hot branding,
craving the surrender of bruising, careless faces.

You’re impressed by the fire’s red hot passion,
Drawn to its unkind, hungry rush for skin.
But I only feel sick, trivial, meaningless action,
Dressed in a narrative that’s grown icy thin.

Yet,

Do not mistake my calm demeanor for apathy,
Look closer into the depths of my gentle presence.
Primal waves of raw current flow through me,
Binding my heart in coded, crimson, consequence.

Should you find passage in this monstrous sea,
Shimmering darkness, and guarded treasure await.
Once you step into the storm of my focused energy,
There will be no leaving, it’s already too late.

Within the oceans heart you will reside forever,
Decorated in a golden fortress of Atlantian design.
And the abusive flames of a fickle child’s ember,
Will never touch what I’ve come to call mine.

Comments

Popular Posts