Im obliged to fulfill contracts in kind,
accepted like a sword on my shoulder,
a sort of knighting, a life's blood signed,
and a revered pride granted the holder.

Im coerced by convention, admitted ease,
wanting so badly to know my place,
if only to dance along in social treatise,
and capture gold with class and grace.

For though we are not who we use to be,
souls aged into the lines we compose,
my eyes are still blinded by your beauty,
by your cares, your love, and how it grows.

And for all the storms I find myself in,
all the forces that play master to my day,
I have known no greater happiness within,
than to come home to you, even if I cant stay.


Comments

  1. romantic...beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know what to do with this prompt. I see you found inspiration. My favorite line: souls aged into the lines we compose,The last stanza goes from romantic to haunting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my. Awesome love poem. I see your strength is not confined to one poem. I am wowed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts