those that remain














The day is thick upon me, heavy;
filled with the loss of all that's gone.
Little things wound and stick to me,
root me to places, unable to move on.

The day stacks its weights on me, love;
chips and cracks, epics and tragedies.
And in this bed my sleep isn't enough,
there's no strength to get me off my knees.

Life shouldn't be an obligation to live,
shouldn't be an exercise in optimism.
But you left me and I still cant forgive,
cant find peace in this rhythmic prison.

And I hate you for leaving, hate this pain,
hate writing this story without your part.
I can't leave the day because it all remains,
and Im bleeding out, dying of a broken heart.

I found you too late and our time too short,
your voice, taken by silence, circles my head.
In truth...I miss you, my darling, my comfort...
And I'll remember you, until I too, go to bed.

"You said you'd grow old with me,"

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts