bourgeois
























pillow light rain fog swallowed the blue
and flirted nostalgia in my nostrils. 
Tip toeing raindrops on passing umbrellas
and a deep breath of cafe' steam; home.  

remembrances bittersweet as my drink
beg for cloud break from my eyes and
thoughts of yesterday's impractical wishes
make my hands reach for something to hold.

often he never notices my quiet stare,
often I hope he wont.
yet, at times our familiar eyes  meet
and his simple nobility condemns me;
bourgeois. 

Comments

  1. This is a lovely piece, with each stanza more touching than the next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is excellent. I really like this stanza:
    remembrances bittersweet as my drink
    beg for cloud break from my eyes and
    thoughts of yesterday's impractical wishes
    make my hands reach for something to hold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful write .. last two lines? Big sigh ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the scent of that nostalgia...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I particularly like 'tip toeing raindrops on passing umbrellas' ..lovely word play. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a beautiful poet Michael. Loved everything that I read here, and your website makes it look awesome. Glad to have found your website.

    Regards, Shaifali

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful imagery. Quite breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was really lovely to read. Beautiful write!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts