Ad Astra per Aspera
















thousand frames linked in succession of time
trace the paths we wrote on this city.
Memories... some; both our triumph, crime,
the feeling that we would last beyond infinity.

nights with heartbeats palmed, rise and fall,
and linked smiles, quiet in the security of love.
Days minded absently, weekends I cant recall;
I fell apart without you driving me to rise above.

Both without condition or expiration,
our love has stood constant, ageless gold.
Fire flight escapes, star falls, perspiration,
equaled rivals, gentle companions, hands to hold.

Now I feel you in each decision, every waking day,
every would be memory stitched between us.
My faith in you remains, for to love I still pray,
our bridge cannot burn, with hope it was "trust."

And finding myself back in those streets, home,
I smile at what has been won, not what was lost.
All that you made me, taught me, together or alone,
"Always fight for the stars, no matter the cost."




Comments

  1. "...no matter the cost." What a lovely tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful poem for a successful marriage/relationship
    If one isn't best friends first you have nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the progression of this, especially stanza 3's summary. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To the stars, indeed...beautiful...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts