absolution



















I strike a match and play a smile,
for thoughts of domesticated fire
provoke both guilt and guile.

The flame's verdict deems me liar,
sighting the times I dabbled gray;
evidence compiled with hot conviction
leaves me troubled, wont to stay.

My hands are red, they held the gun,
they worked the worries now alight.
And my veils, transparent, only fade,
as the photo burns; sacrilegious sight.

This last remnant proves I once strayed,
holds the history stricken from record.
And now that its gone, my qualms are cured,
my sins forgiven, my promises paid.




Comments

  1. What the dark story behind the photo in your interpretation...~ Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What depths your piece entails, but in the end, peace. A soulful magpie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, very dark as Humbird said, and you do it very well. I think you've used form to you advantage here. Kudos Michael.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts