rose theory















recall moments long since wasted,
when hope burned like love; red.
when shadows were sorrows untasted,
and dreams were pillows in my bed.

those times of youth's excelling virtue;
of passion and principle fused into one.
a life spent in the sole pursuit of you,
a desire burning brighter than the sun.

yet,
the jealous sun could yield no place,
to a shining star so near the ground.
scorching judgement grayed my face,
and aged my heart to a smokier sound.

how heavy that color red can be,
now stained on my clothes and lips.
Ive tasted of hope and purity,
branding my burnt finger tips.

set alight by designs crimson fate
my heart burned till nothing remained.
banished to nostalgia's grey gold state
my spirit is free, no longer contained.


Comments

  1. This is divine I especially love that last stanza wow! Feeling we can all relate to I think

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, youre a very fast commenter. I hadnt even finished editing it.

      Delete
  2. Just once ... we should know love as you have described it ... even if it does not last. This is a lovely poem ... it touched my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah i kniw this well...getting singed by demons on my way to light...like a moth helplessly drawn to flame.. Thanks mate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bittersweet and beautiful...I read it out loud...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's quite astounding, this is. Added to my reread list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely title, which drew me in. Favorite stanza:

    yet,
    the jealous sun could yield no place,
    to a shining star so near the ground.
    scorching judgement grayed my face,
    and aged my heart to a smokier sound.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts