Border Wars













At the dateline between land and sea,
I held the hand of what i could not keep.
Oceans in watery eyes and stormy skies;
I told you what you mean to me,
leaving windy words to pile in a heap.

Constant and hidden as the ocean floor,
My spirit yearns to wash in your waves.
Precipitous decisions form the incisions;
foot prints stitching a heart wanting more;
a heart of trinkets in underwater caves.

Its is only by will equal in ancient wrath,
that my chest still remains above water.
For tempest desires of opposite fires
have long since craved a different path,
a path that keeps my heart burning hotter.

Comments

  1. I enjoyed how you designed the phrasing in your poem. The expressive love washes over the reader in waves of desire and need. Your words have a personal edge that is alluring. Thank you for sharing, Michael. Great work. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially liked the rhyme scheme. It really worked well with the content.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a true romantic Michael....that and a poet....what a beautiful thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. foot prints stitching a heart wanting more;

    they do look like that upon the sandy beach. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is lovely and haunting.

    here's to hoping that yearning finds its way home xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts