a home in my heart
















a series of rooms like fractured panes,
cornered in my heart's farthest flights.
memories aged with what space remains
glowing in the dark as my little lights.

forbidden doors to places yet forgotten
reveal the times the earth stood still.
contrast bleeding like blood on cotton,
ghosts of red stained by force of will.

its in the air as haunting winter's frost,
drawing nearer a door to December.
hands grasp the handle cold as cost,
begging for wisdom not to remember.

yet dominoes cannot relent their call,
and once unlocked the cold must spread.
numbed I watch the world change and fall,
seated again at my window, broken, dead.

Comments

  1. Excellent writing. "Dominoes cannot relent their call..." Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... 'once unlocked the cold must spread' ~ so true about much of life. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like "blood on cotton"- the couch is definitely that color!
    (My piece was imagination, although I have built the scarecrow
    /child.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haunting... My favorite lines are: "hands grasp the handle cold as cost, begging for wisdom not to remember..."

    ReplyDelete
  5. well written indeed.....thanks for sharing your words

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blood on cotton is a powerful image...nicely penned...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Once the cold enters, there's no stopping it. This is quite haunting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts