Fire and Ice















dreams float like willful wishes,
held aloft in a sea green safety.
But put away like china dishes,
they age into someday and maybe.

into firefly meadows they dwell,
relapsed into ease and frustration.
And caught in falling they fell,
into my ocean as starred crustacean.

starfish styles and dandelion cloaks,
become our colors in aged eyes.
silvered and shadowed, time soaks,
drenched in our questions; how, why.

yet, always we have a chance to bathe,
in the single moment of fulfilled desire.
by chance I caught sight through the wave,
beauty equal in mind but spirit on fire. 

Comments

  1. I found your blog through Preeti's. I love the way that you write and I am assuming that you live in Calif. because of the Hwy 1 sign...but maybe not. Lovely writings here. They speak of a loss of some kind, although having just come here, I am not sure of what kind. But that doesn't matter. It is what powers you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thank you for your encouraging comment and find its insights to be enlightening. I dont live in Cali, just returned from a vacation though. As for the loss you detect, now thats more complicated. Im not quite finished calculated all that was lost or gained. Well see how the blog unfolds that answer for me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts