into the night

Theres something interesting about playing piano at midnight. The very action implies an unaccustomed privacy and my forming ability to name the sounds in my heart. Neither of those has been exclusive to these recent nights but having them both at the same time is very rare. Its as if all the world is turned away from me and I can empty my soul of its troubles. No prying eyes, no meta cognitive proof reading, and no boundaries. Every song is played and it is felt with all the passion I hide from everyone else. Its like being naked to the sounds and giving everything away. The shaking fingers, the beating heart, the wavering voice, and the few unhidden moments of complete harmony fill my lungs with a breathless whisper.

And after the last note sounds down into the earth under my feet, silence swallows up my songs and hold their secrets safe.

Comments

Popular Posts