"love is red"

i seek solace today,
for today is full of darkness.
a day venomous with decay
has pulled me into its mess.

no sun, no smiles, no flame,
to light up the beaten sky.
only the emptied will to blame,
for this life i have to lie.

recall moments long since wasted,
when hope burned like love; red.
when shadows were sorrows untasted,
and dreams were pillows in my bed.

lost in chronos' imprisoned cells,
the sun has come to rest in the deep.
use card shark eyes and read my tells,
see the weight of promises i keep.

how heavy the color red can be,
now stained on my clothes and lips.
ive tasted of hope and purity,
branding my burnt finger tips.

marked by passion and changed forever,
I can never go back.

Comments

  1. I just love this:
    "recall moments long since wasted,
    when hope burned like love; red.
    when shadows were sorrows untasted,
    and dreams were pillows in my bed."

    The intensity of your feeling is so admirable, Michael. I know it's awful sometimes - I know. But that you DO feel, that is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts