Stained


(23min, I need to go faster)

The weight of time bares down upon me,
And its presence is within my mind.
I carry my memories inside my heart daily,
Always with some hope to find,
A reason for what my eyes see.

The hypocrisy in my character burns,
In ways i cannot fully explain.
Like a hunger for hope my spirit yearns,
To make my innocent purity remain.
But in each downfall my adversary learns.

And my desperation moves in little shadows,
Like an assassin of heart, a bird of prey.
Nothing i do can shake what my heart knows,
But my mind cannot find any other way.
And so silently now the addiction fully flows.

How can saints and sinners die together,
With imperfect hearts weighing them down?
Im looking for meaning in the dark crow's feather,
But though it flies, it flies with a crown.
Crows steal your souls and thats their name forever.

That silent forever of unending shame holds fast,
And like rocks in my stomach i hold onto my feathers.
Because my wings where so much whiter in times passed,
I can never forget or break those ancient tethers.
And so the returning veteran's nightmares still last.

The war is over but all the weight remains,
In nightmares and dreams we feed the violence.
We need to return to the chapters with blood stains,
And soak in the echoes of screaming silence.

Comments

Popular Posts