Step Five: Acceptance


And somewhere in the midst of all the commotion,
Resolution was given me.
The person I so desperately wanted is gone,
Faded at the edges in my memory's iron grip,
Because some dreams are simply mortal.

Time is the great judge,
Like the conscience of life itself.
And who am I to turn away from its council.
We are all perched upon the glittering of doom.
What can mere shadows and dust do against time.

It's too late now, been too long.
My face has grown more accustomed to sadness,
Than the smile it rightfully deserves.
Like a note misplaced in a lullaby,
I cannot wear this sorrow anymore.
I cannot and will not.
The battle is peaked and the outcome imminent.
At this turning of the tide,
Resolution is finally at hand.

There was only so much i could do,
Only so far could i come.
With a hand outstretched and eager,
Only she could reach out and grab it,
For love to ring true in my ears.
I employed every persuasion,
And made every promise.
At last victory was out of my power.
Fate belongs to the hands of that other.

And so it has come to this final answer.
Six feet away she will always stay.
From my principles, from my love, and from me.
Never so clear has it been.
Either I change who I am to pursue her,
Or I simply let her decision be her own.

Finally my shame is set apart from me.
My mistakes can never excuse her choice,
And so they will never haunt me again.
Take it all,
All my shame and all my sorrow,
All my pain and all my foolishness.
For they can linger no longer.
The end has come for this tale,
Swiftly and with great peace.
And it is with all joy,
That all the worries of my mind
Fall away.

As nothing more than a shadow and a thought,
Dust to dust and ashes to ashes.
May the wind carry us away.

Comments

  1. Dude, I don't know how you do this, but every single one of your writings fascinates me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the mystery of his writings that makes them so captivating.

    I like that you skipped from step 1 to step 5. When I read over the step 1 piece, I had a flashback to last year; it was really very strange. And I wondered if you would go back down that similar path of writings these next few weeks. But this one is hopeful and appears to be conclusive. Only time will tell.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts