Freewrite Revision


I must let the world hear me say these words; I need to apologize to her. All my life, I have value self control and it has been the focus I poured my soul into. I realize it takes so much self control to make wise decisions. The kind of decisions that may seem wrong but maturity would say otherwise. I want to be able to master that kind of wisdom that cant be seen until later when it hits you. I want to be able to say self control is apart of who I am as a person. Yet, in all my romantic longings, I lacked self control in one of the biggest areas of my life. Its my strongest belief that teenagers are simply not able to show romantic love in a complete way. "Love belongs to men" and this teenage boy had no business trying to tamper with it. I allowed my heart to get involved with this girl. I allowed my mind to fantasize about a future with her. ...The thing about plans is, every one of them is a fantasy until time makes them real... It was to easy to pray for my fatasys to become real. I wanted so badly to walk in the clouds and dance with my beautiful angel. I threw away all my caution and let go of all my reason. I can actually remember when I stepped off the ground. I told her I couldn't think straight when it came to matters involving her but she was persistent. What short sightedness! What foolishness!


This apology is long overdue. I feel these words are finally ready because they have been validated by my pain. An apology requires that you feel sorry. I can say with no doubts and no questions that I AM SORRY. Every moment of every day is a reminder of her absence. There are only brief moments of peace because her shadow is never far away. That shadow blocks out the sun most days. Leaving me to hide in a castle of solitude, roughly grasping my enchanted and withering rose. What a beast she has shone me to be! I lost my self control and now I am paying the price.


In truth, I used her just as much as she used me. I was her hearing ear and her wise council but she was someone that wanted me. She needed to know I cared and I needed to know someone so beautiful could chase after someone like me. I NEEDED her. That was wrong. Now, because of my immaturity, she has to suffer pain and loss. I have no doubts that my presence will stick with her. She always seemed to feel things far more emotionally than me. It pains me so incredibly much to know that I have hurt her like this. I helped create a situation that has caused my forever love immense emotional pain. What kind of person does that? Who am I pretending to be? I loved her, though I tried desperately not too, in an incomplete way. I gave into my weakness and her immaturities. I am the man; I take the lead! She trusted me to be honorable and wise but caved in under the pressure of loneliness. I failed to guard my eyes. I gave her those little expressions and allowed myself to watch her. I logged her little tendencies and her beauty in a file that she should never have been in. What i should have done is shut this door a long time ago. I should have seen wisdom in my elders council and stopped all this from happening. When she invited me to walk this road with her, I should have said no. Instead, I made a mockery of all the things I believe in. She had to be the one to end it. She had to be the one to look like the bad guy. For that, I owe her an apology. And in the end, if justice demands the pain I am feeling as recompense, its fair enough.

Comments

  1. I like how you compiled all this into one piece. I'm very sorry that you've had to go through all of this and I sincerely hope things are looking up for you now. It's been hard, that much I can tell, but I get the sense that you have collected yourself and perhaps even found some closure.

    As a side note, I like the additions to your sidebar. You have incredible taste in music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too kind. and yes, things are beginning to return to normal. Its been and will continue to be hell but at least it doesnt hurt all the time. Now i have nice long days where dont even think about her... sometimes.

    I wanted to tell you something. That hug you gave really kinda hurt. I dont want to sound creeper or anything but it was ur hair. The way it brushed up against my face. It was so soft and connected to someone real. I had forgotten the touch of a girls hair on my face. anyways, moving on. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Human touch is essential to a sane existence. I find it's even healing. And physical connection with someone of the opposite sex only helps to boost your self-esteem. I don't know Michael, sometimes being so guarded is detrimental.

    My turn to admit something: Ever since I sat and read all of your blog posts, I have wanted to hug you. Just hold you in my arms and squeeze out all your sadness. Now that's creepery for you. ;) But I had been afraid to. You have this incredibly palpable wall around you, an invisible yet tangible barrier that I was afraid to break through. Does that make sense? Anyway, there it is. I have wanted to hug you since week 2 or 3 of class and still want to give you a hug every single day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol. hugs are awesome. well at least you got your chance to hug me. more lolz. there is a barrier between me and the rest of the world. i have tried to pyschoanalze (spell check?) my reasons for it. I have some answers that satisfy me but i do wonder if it is beneficial. Im just a very private person. when you dream of a mountain cottage, there is only one other person with you. i believe that when you get married, you and your wife become one flesh. you are bonded together. i told you i luv significance... i luv the idea of saving so many things for her and only her. Only she will know what is on the other side of this wall. but thats just me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely understand that. There are some things that should only ever be shared with your spouse. Society has become so lax about privacy and purity and I think that is what causes so many people the problems they have; they share so much with so many other people. Sorry, tangent. Anyway, I just wanted to say to keep your eyes out. Your mysterious air is intriguing and I'm sure there will be plenty of girls and women who will probe at your barrier, trying to see if they can find a way in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh i dont doubt that. sighs. im not worried about the girls not trying to get inside my head. im worried too many of them will. i think that i am definitely an interesting person, thats why im actually happy im not that hot. I just dont want the attention right now. I like to suck people into my world and take them on adventures and live life with them. Just me and them. Im SOOOOO glad i dont have many people pressuring me to do that. It would cheapen the moments, yeah? So i dont really have too many friends. I am just solitary and watchful. Im a firm believer that your spouse is your best friend. Im kind of offset right now. I have built my life around this girl. She was my closest friend and I gave her all my attention. Now, i dont want anyone else. Im weird though... what can i say?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts