Sonoita 12


 Briskly I dabble in trepidation. 

Assuming the sardonic, backwards notions of lessers;

adorning metacognitively those opposing views.

In novelty and naiveté, I bask religion and wanting.

In the open flame of unrequited chances,

primal fervor rests violently just beneath.

Presuppositions decorate pragmatic depression,

bedarkening the illumination of a many splendored thing. 

Functional refractory generalities dim the over stimulated.

In truth, I understand, but I will not agree.


Humbly, cast forth those penumbral burdens,

cathartic and visceral; accept the birthing pains.

By conduit and courage, coalesce in the light of day.

Chew ravenously your necessities, cautiously innocent,

and meet my gaze with sincerity and faith. 

My perception is serrated, predatory, yet diffident.

There is no guile, coquetry, or façade before my intimate gaze.

Dare not pointlessly, but sojourn convicted, heart ward

ambassador; from your universe to mine. 

Comments

Popular Posts