Graduation


Delicately at first, I proceeded to this moment,

never trusting a hope of unimaginable victory.

Step by step, my pent up promises have been spent,

synthesized into action, into legacy, into history.


I am the fourth and the first of my family.

Boldly I stride to places they could not go.

Through desert and disaster, shame and disloyalty,

my path has led through places that angels wont go.


Secrecy is granted my stride, an unknowable shroud,

given me by preference and the most sincere apathy.

I am a leaf on the wind, a tempest dew drop in the cloud,

a violent crimson rose of chrysanthemum pedigree.


You will not see me leave, nor will you much care.

I hold dominion just outside your limited view. 

Through the darkness, dawn breaks, pure and fair,

brilliantly alive with the deepest, ascended blue. 


Comments

Popular Posts