This is why I need you





















at the crosswords, evaluations of risk begin,
pondering down the disheveled roadways.
I lean and wonder, pause and shudder.
My hands shake and my shadows deepen,
tunnel vision darkens with light that decays.

choice is heavy upon me, inaction impossible,
so I must address this question of responsibility.
and there's no guide- no one less blinded.
Its just me, my resolve, and my Bible.
Nothing else has shown me more loyalty.

"This is why I need you."

There are too many places to go, my darling,
too many unexplored corners, and not enough love.
I journey alone, loved by few, understood by less.
And I marvel at my willingness to songbird sing,
and marvel more that even my love isn't enough.

There's no loyalty left in the world for me,
only the light that burns in my own chest.
My hands are strong and still hold my star.
Perhaps with this new turn, new chapter-journey,
Ill forge ahead, younger, where the wild things are.

Meet me there, when Im who I was supposed to be,
and you are finally ready to be loved.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts