safe in light




















music

I've held onto things that hurt me,
carried weights that weren't mine,
and struggled to bare up under trial.
I've never known a time so unhappy,
or so closely walked the gray line,
tired out, unfamiliar, missing a smile.

I've given from the heart with passion,
quietly loved without asking back,
and considered the lives my hands touch.
I've tried on midnight crimson fashion,
looking for experience my youth lacked,
appreciating those without, ever so much.

Through a time of great shadow,
heavy with abandonment, disloyalty,
friends and family have been sifted.
I've taken my time to deal, to grow,
mourned their loss, their insensitivity,
and risen stronger, wiser, uplifted.

The sun rises in my chest, pounding,
ultra violet, powerful, and unchained,
no longer vulnerable to their failings.
My strength is tested, gravity, grounding,
scorched by pain, made from what remained,
and full of ocean triumphs, sailboat sailing.

With a secret smile, I open my hands again,
heavy stones, long since transformed,
made beautiful by willpower and faith.
My failings, my struggles, my sins,
pale in comparison to problems that stormed,
and to the way my heart now shines...
battle hardened, reforged, and safe.











Comments

Popular Posts