Defiance






















music

Its taken time to allow myself the defeat,
taken tears and anger, passion and pain,
to halt my unbridled, panic stricken feet,
and find the things that endure, that remain.

After the debates and the frustration, red hot,
my soul relaxes its anger and I breathe blue.
Now I know the things my youth could not,
now I feel the boundaries of what is true.

For what does it matter if the world rages,
and the storms take away what was mine?
My life has been woven in secret coded pages,
bound up in cold iron nights...dark red wine.

Hope remains, burning low..smoky and bright,
decorating my presence with crackling age.
Who knows my fire, my midnight star light...
my inner thoughts after we step off the stage?

I must rebuild...choose affection and wisdom,
casting off my broken heart's deep despair.
I dare, darling, to fight for my kingdom,
and flex my burnt wings in the icy air.

My path is before me now, deep into the end,
as the light wavers in the hearts of men.
Defiantly I raise my head with promises to spend,
carrying on...burnt...broken...but ready to fight again.

Comments

Popular Posts