Sunday, July 5, 2015

Stare Down





















Good intentions betray me,
play me, the naive little fool.
Making me small, nothing to see;
an overlooked, incapable, gene pool.

And yet, you must meet my gaze,
for I will walk my line of sight,
from my beating heart, mirror maze,
to your chest, lungs, ready for a fight.

Im just a problem to you, a nuisance,
inquiry demanding a response, a reply.
Hair raised, undaunted by an electric fence,
I spy greener grass, beauty beheld in my eye.

Breathe, rise and fall, cool and calm,
superman soaking sun, pushing for a smile.
I hold out my world, ease it into your palm,
and plead the 5th before my judge, jury, trial.

10 comments:

  1. nicely told! There are always two sides to every story!
    And thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mysterious and loving.

    Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your poetry is special ~~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. that was intense ...misterious....lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing. It took me a couple of reads to really appreciate it, but it was well worth it.


    Rosey Pinkerton's blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its always greener over there , isnt it ?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Compelling and thought-provoking......

    ReplyDelete