passive aggressive















From the doorway, I struggled for control,
eyes locked, as my jaw, on yours.
But you deny my council, flaunt rebellion,
and revel in the quickening of my pulse.

What am I to do with you, little girl?
How many times will you persuade buttons,
flex your fingers and undo me?
For answers; uninterested, unwanted,
lie stripped and empty upon the floor.

So we stare at one another, alone.
You the fairer, but I the farther,
frustrating all your passionate fire,
with the cold distrust of distance.

From the doorway, neither of us wins.

Comments

  1. 'what am I to do with you little girl' ... I love that line. Great write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Struggling for control..this was a great write I could
    feel the inner conflict of emotions..

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Frustrating all your passionate fire, with the cold distrust of distance" is such a beautifully powerful line. Whoa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Persuade buttons...ah...gorgeous write, Michael...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts