leave a light on

In the darkness my mind is filled;
the mass concept of this loneliness
weighing down upon my head,
taking the air from my chest...
my throat trying to hold what remains.

bowing to concepts of fear and doubt,
my face turned toward my hands...
I ponder worth.

struggles left unfinished,
my eyes search for solutions
to problems I cannot attain to.
like reaching out for a hand,
that wasnt offered to begin with...


And I want only to be held...

To rest in the safety and assurance
of a formidable love...
of a love that my eyes can look upwards
to see, 
and my hands can hold onto. 


Ive filled these pages with desperations,
with quiet mourning,
and the echoing of my souls artistry.

Ive analyzed the emotions at play,
spell checked the interpersonal 
and faulted those responsible with history
for the consequences...I live with.

But all I want is to be loved...

to find the center of this storm.... 

in the darkness....

Comments

  1. The Smiths "How Soon Is Now" comes to mind...beautiful write...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have packed so much into this piece that it's overwhelming. Good overwhelming not negative overwhelming. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts