more than forever
















and lost somewhere in nature, nurture debates,
clarity of purpose was torn asunder by you.
concepts of ill fortunes and angered fates,
bruised the love lost myths proved untrue.

disillusioned desires piled fractures on my head,
shattered the mirror of my soul with consequence.
leaving my hands hurt, chilled numb by this bed,
and eyes wearied from fear of its permanence.

was it so wrong to love you with all my heart?
to gamble forever for you?

I need to know that I did something wrong,
that this burning in my rendered heart is fair.
for I cannot shake her words from my song,
I cannot give something that's not mine to share.

and when thoughts of the future find me,
when I realize she might not be there...
there is no escape, no hope, no beauty,
no life in my unwilling silent stare...

was it so wrong? to love you,
more than forever, for all?

Comments

  1. This is beautiful and sad..was it so wrong..only time can tell...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts