come and dance with me. honey, honey



















you move, darling, with a freeness of fun,
forsaking the linear for arched gesture.
my heated cheeks shoot an adrenaline gun,
and my pride dares me to try to best her.

a deep breath, a determined silly sigh,
and the will to take your hand in mine...
I dont know my gifts in grace, but I can try,
try to take your curves, try to walk your line.

eyes sparkle, hand to face, and back again,
till the beauty of your smile was reason enough.
With my hand you said, "this is how we begin,
this is how we move, this is how we love."

Comments

  1. ... 'my pride dares me to try to best her' ~~ foolish man, you are doomed. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First verse, third line! A cracker indeed, to a wholly enjoyable poem!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts