the wild nights













Afterwards I headed back toward my bike,
glancing back on your naked, exposed body.
Clothed in mutual trust, devoid of dislike,
nothing could be more natural or less gaudy.

Cool air caressed skin unfamiliar to its palm,
so I paused to soak in the senses of the night.
Breathing settled, heart beat evened, spirit calm,
I took a moment to study you in the moonlight.

It was a wild sort of thing, free of daytime duty;
a year's secret thought concentrated into action.
How I savored the stars adorning your pale beauty,
and how Ill hold this night's evil as a sacred attraction.

~~~

You are the love of my wild nights,
of my moments left untended too.
You are the yielding of my heart,
and actions too exposed to be untrue.

I am the fire of our playful fights;
electricity in our too serious minds.
I will hold us together, never apart,
until death's dream finally binds.

And we will learn to love each day,
learn to lust under the starlit fire.
Naked too each other till gray,
growing together in united desire.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts