journeyman troubles



















I observed it here and there,
in the quietness of my gaze-
an untrodden path lying bare,
still shrouded by future's haze.
and looking quietly I began to wonder
over a future most others would squander.

There is a power will
that I must recognize,
it would be a desired thrill
to pass the path by my eyes.
Yet, some wisdom's heart still remains,
so I look away with familiar pains.

But still again and again,
my path is cruelly parted
and I cannot help but lift my chin
to cast a glance on waters uncharted.
Belabored still more my frustration grows,
till I ask for answers no one knows.

Always unanswered I pass it by,
focusing intently on my work at hand.
But looking toward that unseen sky,
I feel the boundaries of this yellow land...
How heavy that golden color can be,
pressing its purposes down upon me...

My life has been such as this:
solitary and full of passing thought.
Anxious I await the striking of fate's kiss,
when I will know it wasn't all for naught.

Comments

  1. You write exquisite poetry ..... this poem is no exception.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dind it exquisitely enigmatic,it imparts feeling more than anything else, a hallmark of the best poetry, i think

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fate's kiss will hopefully take away that feeling of weighty doom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Something in your words captures my own feelings for the extraordinary photo used in this prompt. The journey, untravelled, yet dreamed of ....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful...I especially like that fourth stanza...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts