to be loved by an artist



















(quiet love)

I look to my love as the most sacred teacher,
and I remember well the sayings of my youth.
How my oceans of desire tried to reach her,
yet hidden, with no tempest waves as proof.

What I missed most was never the intensities,
for they never suited the calmness of my water.
The moments after our perfections or iniquities
were how I payed tribute to my alma mater.

For when the storms subsided my part was played,
and I was free to quietly observe your ways.
The artistry of your body in sun light, shadow fade,
held my fascinations, loves, and lusts in one gaze. 

Id aspire to nobility, to reinvent, to love, to create,
just to be worthy of your affectionate attentions.
And perhaps that's what made us something great,
Because loving you elevated all my mortal intentions.

Comments

  1. ah love will drive us to many a length to attain it...especially after being as enamored with such a view.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love is a many splendid thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharply creative, and rather wise...

    ReplyDelete
  4. A nice write..the calmness of my waters..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a bit of Agnes O going on in the background while reading this. Complimented each other beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is magnificent the rhymes are so smooth and sensual! Love the rhythm

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh Love ... I really enjoyed your romantic take on this photo prompt.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts