Blue Eyes

















I never considered the possibility of blue,
never knew the feeling it could make me feel.
As a rain soaked wanderer I found you,
not as a magical angel but something real.

Among the thousand falling drops you slept,
your face turned down to shelter from the rain.
To wake you would be sin, so slowly I crept,
Thinking it better to just watchfully remain.

Stunned by the beauty of your skin tight dress,
I traced the outlines like highways to your cheek.
So softly did your long curls fall about in a mess,
leaving me to stare fascinated, frictioned and weak.

Then at once you awoke and I saw your fear.
I was inadequately chivalrous, equally as frail,
and the rain poured out till we couldnt hear,
So I brought you close to my heart beat braille.

Comments

  1. Your first two lines, for me, capture the very soul of this smokey blue image...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never considered the possibility of blue.... vibrant beginning, carries softly throughout....nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well written for sure and thanks for sharing this

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tender and lovely...I especially appreciate your "heart beat braille"...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can feel the vulnerable side of a tender heart throughout , lovely...bkm

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts