Trespasses

Ive done something of great evil this night,
something that has hurt me too deep.
Ive lingered in places that I had no right,
told lies in between the promises I keep.

Slowly at first the images danced like air,
blissfully removed from any real thought.
Then I read the words she left me there,
and suddenly we both knew I was caught.

The consequences of my love still remain,
captured in a silent vigil of impossible cruelty.
There's nothing I can do to ease her pain,
no way to show how much she means to me.

Knowing the loneliness of her heart stings;
sets ablaze my new home with crimson red.
For I cannot endure what the future brings,
age has ingrained foresight and dread.

All that I knew would happen has happened,
all that i wished so badly to save us from.
Now there are no more rules I can bend,
So finality reigns cold, costly, and troublesome.

Comments

  1. Michael, this resonated with me. I enjoyed it all, but the 1st stanza my favourite. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Methinks Ada has lovely heartstrings, too...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts