heartsongs written




















her beauties were often cold upon first glance,
like white marble basking in pale moon light.
vanilla dipped with a smile that flirts romance,
but icy azure eyes that hint a deep ocean's might.

dancing between the reds and golds in me,
her ultra violet went silently, violently unseen.
there was so much warmth there I couldn't see,
unexplained sentence fragments I couldn't glean.

Yet, upon breaching the distance between us,
my fingers were tanned just touching her skin.
suddenly there was nothing left for us to discuss,
And we struggled there to see who would win.

draped in blank pages like a sweet bed sheet,
I wrote out a story upon her unlocked places.
she hinted fear at the soul searching of my feet,
so I left a few things unexplored in the spaces.



Comments

  1. brilliant, this took a great journey

    ReplyDelete
  2. A poem as surreal as Dali's vision...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... 'her ultra violet went silently, violently unseen' ~~ quite a line. Enjoyed your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. vanilla dipped with a smile that flirts romance - that was my favourite line - beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts