ghost of a great love



















pretenses had been put aside that night,
leaving undisclosed desires no where to hide.
mingled there in frosted air and moonlight,
I couldn't have said no even if id tried.

yet there was something hiding beneath you,
something beyond desire held in your eyes.
moments of honesty had become too few
and in our fatigue we laid down the lies.

disarmed and shaking from the pulse increase,
my hands labored for mastery over the door.
but for all my devising with codes and keys,
my heart could not yield passage to you anymore.

I held your vision as long as the night could last
as we stood there separated by window pane.
even with the consequences of times passed,
you were still so beautiful for a man so plain.

Comments

  1. As I read your poem, my heart ached for 'the man so plain' ... her downcast eyes do not reflect desire, do they ~~ lovely writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely...romantic and dream-like...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thought I had read all the entires, how did I miss reading this....?

    ReplyDelete
  4. He may have been plain but he held a great deal of power over the physical - "disarmed and shaking from the pulse increase",

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts