where the wild things are


slowly my eyes have spanned these miles,
like a leaf caught in a tempest flight.
collecting my butterfly jar of smiles
and spending them on road sign rites.

thinking of times we felt so strong,
still wearing our wings' green graces.
rain drenched spirits caught in song,
locked together in the blur of faces.

full of summer silk dreams as we were,
entranced by the sky blown glass tune.
love's winter holds its last adventure
in the afterglow of an autumn moon.

seasons of sound held in my goodbyes,
have enchanted me with a sacred echo.
spring has scattered all my fireflies,
because only they know where to go.

little lights dance in the forest dawn,
listening to the whispering breeze.
here my dreams are never really gone,
just left to glow between the trees.

no one will ever find this little glade,
where all my grey gold wishes depart.
sheltered somewhere in our sycamore shade,
and lost in the magic of a younger heart.

Comments

  1. This has a nostalgic feel to it, like a longing. I love the image of "grey gold wishes." Beautiful poem!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts