walk the line



constancy and corruption stand alone
transfixed at my dust driven sides.
minor at first, now how they've grown
from whimsical wishes to mighty tides.

my road ahead is long and soles weary;
conscripted carriers of stubborn whims.
they yearn for a watery world less dreary;
to transform their way from shoes to fins.

but i cannot relent this journey im on,
not for the marine musicians siren song.
their magnum opus brings back whats gone,
reminds my heart of all my wayward wrong.

so strongly the blue moon exerts its pull,
gathering me up in a midnight pounding.
my heart now pumping to a lullaby lull,
tricks my feet against their founding.

only by glimpsing the past so far away,
do i remove the madness from my advance.
for nothing will ever cloud or hold sway
this sojourners far cried coastal dance.

warrior poet chasing a whispered thrill,
breaching the borders of Disney tales,
I march on through my travels even still,
because darling...love simply never fails.

Comments

  1. This is a poem after my own heart--cadenced but not saccharinely so, subtle but not obscure, beautiful naturally rather than artificially. Enjoyed it much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweeeeet. i got hedge to comment on my stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1) you always find the most poignant pictures.
    2) I agree with the above comment. (not you, Michael)
    3) This is simply lovely. I love the idea of a warrior poet, especially of you as a warrior poet.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts