Impossible Love



melancholy love will find me now,
for in young obsessions, lost,
questions blinded me to how,
finish lines demand to be crossed.

fires in my heart still burn,
from battles lines once fled.
then named, faced, fallen, in turn,
aged a heart yearning to be bled.

old wounds, as such, need healing;
compassionate touch of mortal design.
yet time infinite in judgement, sealing,
reserves somethings to iron and wine.

in harsh consequence meaning is met,
for survival uncertain is triumphant.
impossible love, however, is regret;
a culmination of disillusioned want.

for searching with sensitive eyes,
dangerously unbranded by sorrow,
golden castles are convincing lies;
bringing ruin, ash, dust to blow.

wind carries them along in current,
hot to cold; spring to autumnal fall;
a cycle of breaking till love, spent,
lies impossible, beaten before us all.

and there is no turn, shift in thought,
because this birth claims the best.
burned by naivete's lessons untaught,
there is no will left to contest.

so embattle me angel of light,
my mind awaits your emptiness;
forlorn beating in my chest,tight,
my weaknesses too deep to confess.

for victory is no longer pined after,
just as holding memories must falter,
life claims youth for ironic laughter,
and upon this, Reality...
i sacrifice my love upon your altar.


Comments

  1. Oh, Michael.

    "fires in my heart still burn,
    from battles lines once fled"

    "old wounds, as such, need healing;
    compassionate touch of mortal design"

    "impossible love, however, is regret"

    "a cycle of breaking till love, spent,
    lies impossible, beaten before us all."

    "burned by naivete's lessons untaught,
    there is no will left to contest."

    I am so sorry. My heart breaks for you, because I know. I think that as poets, we feel things differently; more intensely, perhaps, but definitely differently. Those emotions are always there - it's what makes our words so universal. We describe what others weren't aware of until our words bring their emotions to life.
    I don't know. Maybe I'm romanticizing as I am wont to do.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts