"Bitter Cold"

eager eyes await a pined after image,
hungry for that significance infused vision
to wash over sight and soul.

bitter cold nearly won out
in a gambit of fateful scales
chilling till numb, biting till bloody.

glossy eyes downcast now
see only the sickly crimson patches
cookie cut into the fresh snow.

spirit weary here in the frost
body yields to gravity, relentless
accepting the defeat of the day.

will it be an angel of love or death
that finds it fit to pick up my soul
holding my life in the balance.

how can passion find me here
lying shallow beneath the sky
waiting intently for one or the other to come.

for this heart lies exposed
as an open window to my autumn
letting the auburn leaves blow away.

unfulfilled desire fills my hands
still eager for her return
wishing, searching, fighting still.

bound by that frigid chill
fingers trace the lines
where her name us to be.

yearning to climb that mountain again
only my physical inability stands impassable
leaving my eyes to scan the heights.

Comments

Popular Posts