Homecoming




Then I heard sirens calling to the world,
Announcing the approach of my escape
In rain that eventually came for me,
Baring down with an earthy power.

The names and places infused with
Too many memories unhindered by time,
Have painted the landscape in reds
And golds of corny romance novels.

Without a word I said my goodbyes,
Hoping for some deeper meaning,
In the whispered prophecies of
A silent and reminiscent mind.

Realization of time has prompted
A glimmer of hope in darkened eyes,
A ray of light to shine out into day,
And mark the fatal birth of an era.

Finally i hear the sound of unfamilar melody,
Calling me back to a place of long ago;
A place cloudy beyond were i cannot recall,
With weight of memory all its own.

Slowly the miles sped into one another,
Like the lines of grain planted in prayer,
Rooted in earth that use to know my name,
And now retains the light of a younger dawn.

So last looks could only save a few
Of those names and places in my head,
Because the rest belong to a winter's dream,
And must be left to the spaces in between.

In power kinetic and potential overwhelming
I take a breath of sweetly perfumed air.
With a smile and kiss im welcomed back,
To the place with a name that all others lack.

Comments

Popular Posts