Perfect Blossom


(not too worried about you figuring out what they heck im talking about. just wanted to capture a moment: Something i thought about this morning.)

In the stillness of dawn i listen,
For the heartbeat and the breaker.
Old thoughts pass as i kiss them,
Bringing back the day and maker.

Like a melody of crashing waves,
I am amazed at the constancy of the sea.
They come and go because he craves,
To watch them slip away from before me.
All my dreams flow in a river of petals,
Caught by some sudden spring breeze.
Glinting in sunlight like precious metals,
I pray to time for the warm day to freeze.

But miracles and love are mighty forces,
Unhindered by laws of flesh and blood.
Fate has a way of choosing its courses,
And endurance blooms from blossom to bud.

Comments

  1. Gorgeous. The imagery is, as usual, stunning and right on the mark. I read it aloud to myself so that I could get a better hold on the meaning and though I couldn't decipher it, I noticed your use of alliteration. Whether intentional or not, it's very effective.

    Favorite part:
    "All my dreams flow in a river of petals,
    Caught by some sudden spring breeze"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts