With Honor


"For Fall"

I entreat you now to meet my mind,
If only for a moment.
Look with eyes of faith and find,
More than mere mortal atonement.

How horrible the fate of truest love;
Broken in shards and burnt in seeds.
Hidden now in clouds and doves,
And lost in legends of knightly deeds.

Left empty by promises stilled by fate,
Hollow soldiers turn to dust.
Yet, maybe love can kill the hate,
Changing our doubts from fear to trust.

I am a soldier in a world of slain,
Silenced in awe of what they've seen.
And unable to leave i must remain,
Growing hurt, and tired, old and mean.

To my armor I constantly cling,
For its guidance remembers my name.
Wisdom knows the arrows will sing,
Shields will shatter and hope the same.

On this field they die again and again,
In thousands the strokes yield flesh.
And I, foolish to think we could win,
Sought some victory new and fresh.

Slowly now, I feel my time tangling down,
As the breaths become harder to master.
In front of me dances a cruel clown,
He's won this bet because I was the caster.

Acceptance and finality, friendship gain,
Those who fight a battle of endurance.
And with these friends i embrace the pain,
Knowing its presence is no strange occurrence.

So now it comes down to this new ending.
I am but a man of simple form and thought.
But even with death slowly descending,
i must honor my teachers and what they taught:

Beauty, my love, exalted to see,
You saw something in all my scars.
Disregarding the shallow plainly,
There is more to life than chasing cars.

Now to happiness i pay my respects,
For you gave life purpose and meaning.
You care not for privilege or defects,
But in the eye is your power gleaming.

And love, my God and my only father,
i owe everything to your perfect will.
When all others didn't want to bother,
In your grace my mind was made still.

Perfect teachers, you saw my soul,
And taught me how to see it like you.
To seek your radiance is my only goal,
Because there is more than we ever knew.

The day grows darker in dying eyes,
Only time for this last contemplation.
I grant my life to those beyond lies,
And acknowledge the blessing of my station.

Life operates in a perpetual motion,
On a grand melody of dynamic power.
I have lived too long in a war torn ocean,
So in beauty and peace i behold my final hour.

Comments

  1. Dude, I really liked this Michael. I miss having Writer's Workshop together with you. I mean as cool as Calculus is...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thx guys. I miss writer workshop with all of us together TOO much. Those were some good times.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts