Younger Dawn


There is a grand story told every day,
Whispered softly in the ears of everyone.
It comes quickly like predator to prey,
And it carries love as a father to son.

With every turning of the sacred earth,
There passes a great battle for two.
And in that deadly dance is given birth,
A crystalline jewel of far and few.

Like fire and ice worlds divide,
Until the heavens recede to darker space.
Night retreats from before day's side,
Because nothing expected dawn's embrace.

Standing tall with fear now checked,
Beware the younger light of tomorrow.
From the ashes of love,life,light wrecked,
Rises a new dream without hint of sorrow.

In every ray of the dawn's growing might,
Shine singing soldiers in clear conscience.
With sword drawn and smiles ever bright,
We must forsake all that was once.

And I saw as a vision in breaking clouds,
The faces of my bravest companions clearer.
No longer shamed or masked in dark shrouds,
But full of futures growing ever nearer.

And i saw a young man named promise,
His beautiful bride was faith.
A young women adorned in conviction,
Courting a man of hope and truth.
A mere boy clothed in humility,
Walking in respect and patience.
A young girl crowned in compassion,
And looking with eyes of wisdom.
And finally the architect of trust,
A God of love and life.

These are my compatriots,
My brothers and my sisters in dawn,
My fellow soldiers heralding the day,
And we will fight for tomorrow.

Comments

  1. You write so vividly - I can so easily see in my mind's eye what you paint with your words. I love the hope that glows from this poem. I don't know exactly what it means, but it's beautiful.

    Sometimes - no, all the time - I want to know where this stuff comes from. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah thx brynn. Yeah, i like this one. i think it turned out good

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts