Winter's Night


Its been a year since they died;
The possibilities of you and me.
Everything bruised or broken inside,
Time for change, time to let it be.

I let the burns flow into nothing,
Taking the pains in a careful stream.
Go away, all my caustic longing,
And return to me my forever dream.

Because still thoughts of your hidden smile,
Fill my heart with an emptiness.
And it matters not, time or denial,
My mind is continually made restless.

You would think I've found resolution,
But my heart wont let this be done.
Even with the sun's new revolution,
My hope fights for the battle to be won.

Tell me how to let you fall away,
For I cannot do this on my own.
Love demands that my promises stay,
Until the moment their worth is shown.

How i long for some chance encounter,
To rediscover the edges of your face;
For that adrenaline whisper,"you found her,"
To reclaim all my heart's empty space.

And words unspoken would spill without end,
Between our eyes with significance untold.
Never again would some doom impend,
Or some challenge love couldn't unfold.

How much i wish for this to be true,
But time thought it best to deny my dream.
So now im left with promises too few,
To connect our minds with a golden seam.

So my flower the answer is the same,
I continue to wait with hope and love.
Awaiting the day I can call upon your name:
Beautiful, rare, and innocent as a dove.

Comments

Popular Posts