Older

It comes as a shock this life of mine.
My eyes have seen things and places,
My mind has not the wisdom to comprehend.
Suddenly i am older in the mirror.

So shortsighted we have become.
Now the limitlessness of my life is before me
And i am ashamed of my previous desperations.
How could i have placed so much importance
On things that belong to mere moments?

How i have changed...
How my world has changed.
Things that i thought were impossible
Have become a forced and unwanted reality.
Yet, time has not come as some two dimensional sadness.
The joys and blessing of my existence continue.
They are infinite and without limits.

I feel my character beginning to take shape.
Emotions have transformed into a quiet intensity
And my passions are starting to bloom
In the colors of that flower in our soul.
The scars of my body bear witness to my battles.
I can see it now...
The foundation stones of my life have been set.

My mind has become quieter,
My heart bolder,
My passion deeper,
And my character stronger.
Finally i can with real meaning and undeniable truth,
Boast of my first step reaching its conclusion.

It has begun and now im ready to begin with it.
I wonder who i shall run this race with.
With faith in my future,
I look to the next chapter.

Comments

  1. It's a funny thing, growing older. There are so many weird emotions and thoughts that come along with it and they seem to arrive out of nowhere and all of a sudden.

    I can't wait to see where life brings you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant wait either. And where will life take you brynny brynn? I see a future so illuminated in sunshine and light that it bares your name and sounds of your song.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts