a prayer to Love


Took this picture myself.

Who knows the power of my soul?
How many diamonds hide in this coal?
Many more than I can ever tell,
Far too valuable for me to sell.

But how long can my will power last?
When does my heart simply beat too fast?
Are my dreams to grand to stand?
Are my wishes to much to demand?

Teacher please come to my aid,
For I'm feeling my courage begin to fade.
Let me learn to live with ease,
Grant me your help I'm on my knees.

Teach me purity of body and mind,
Give me innocence of the rarest kind.
Map my mind through your measure,
And turn me into a hidden treasure.

Bring me beauty no man can see,
And let those truths set me free.
Teach me a code to live and let live,
To see, obey and freely forgive.

Make me new teacher for I am old,
Am I too aged to return to gold?
Believe in me as I believe in you,
Set me straight faithful and true.

With tender hands help me to grow,
Into the person my mother should know.
Let me see the wisdom in trees.
Let me hear those musical masteries.

For I can be more than what Ive become.
Its been too long for me to be this numb.
Help compassion to teach me sensitivity,
To time, emotion and their relativity.

My spirit demands so much more than this,
But I'm trapped by all the things i miss.
Take them all away from my beaten hands,
Wipe their taint from off these lands.

Rest sanctuary upon my worried brow.
May that wise peace make my future now.
I call to you teacher from off the ground.
With no need of noise not even a sound.

Comments

Popular Posts