Dawn


There is a wonderful tranquiltiy,
Finally becoming my needed reality.

For the mind to know will,
But the heart to be unhappy still,
Just starts a war of head and heart.
But thats not even the hardest part.

The long struggle breaks the day,
And prolongs winter in the worst way.

Hope is human and too can die,
And with no wings, this angel cant fly.
Stuck on earth I learn to crawl,
Too scared to stand for fear I fall.

But then a piece of peace,
May grant me a brief release.

The bonds of internal struggle,
Which pools sorrow in such a puddle,
May be broken without hint of hate.
Allowing peace and joy to profoundly mate.

You see, I saw the dawn today,
I grabbed a ray so it would stay,
Within this soul needing a little light,
And it soaked in to my hearts delight.

Finally my mind and heart agree,
Maybe its time for me to be happy.

All too often these masters fight,
Leaving me in an aweful plight,
But every now and then,
Something beautiful might just happen.

The squabbles will end and joy will reign,
Down it comes to soothe the pain.

I wish you could feel this feeling,
For me life cannot be topped by any ceiling.

At least for now im happy to live,
And happier still for a chance to forgive,
Myself of things claimed by time.
So listen now to this foolish rhyme.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts