Impossible Love

It has brought me far too much pain,
To stand against my love on this battle plain.
Because I know not you, but I,
Will be the ultimate one to finally die.

My wisdom's heart has suffered great hurt,
Buy my wisdom's mind is ever alert.
That guardian judge within my mind
will never allow me to repay you in kind.

All that is left for me to do,
Is stick to the path faithful and true.
But as i limp on my thoughts click replay
and I return again to that fateful day.

I thought I was ending the chase,
When I could finally hold your face...
To gaze into those dark brown eyes,
and hold onto what I so highly prize.

Because all my life I have waited for that day,
It has made me feel broken, aged and gray.
In this betrayal I have been struck
and all my resolve has come unstuck.

Now the solitude is such a burden to bear,
I cant help but think that this is terribly unfair.
For all my realities to become unreal...
to be so scared of what the future will reveal.

All I can do is gather myself just enough
to beg God to help me forget my impossible love.

Comments

Popular Posts